Redcliffe

Redcliffe was originally the site of the first penal colony in 1824.  It was discarded when the colony moved further inland and slowly it evolved as a small seaside retreat north of Brisbane until the construction of the Hornibrook bridge which linked Brighton, an outer Brisbane suburb, to the Redcliffe peninsula.

In the 2011 census, the population of Redcliffe was 9,201 and officially became a city in 1959